I too Picked up a Pine Cone

    Memories are like fire, they ignite your heart and enlight your soul. Whenever I think about Kodaikanal,I feel the fresh cold wind running down my spine...the ringing of bells...the voice of nature silently telling me,"....you're my child..." 

When I was in tenth grade ,our school offered a trip to Kodaikanal, one of the most fabulous tourist spots in India. I was really excited for it was the first chance to set my foot out of Kerala. We started our journey on 17th November at 8 PM. 

The journey was smooth and magical,satisfying my eleutheromania. I couldn't stop myself from looking out of the window, for I was enchanted by the night beauty of our path. My friends nearly shook the earth with their shrieks and dance all through the journey. The increasing intensity of cold wind gushing through the windows told me that I 've reached my destination.

Kodaikanal was colder than what I have expected it to be. I was indeed frozen with cold and was barely able to walk. But the excitement of the trip fuelled me .We began our exploration after our merry breakfast. 

Our first visit was to the Moir point. The huge statue it had held my attention for a long time. I was so really fascinated by the surrounding beauty that my friends had to drag me to keep me going. 

Our next destination was the Guna cave. The depth it had almost scared me to death! The large roots of trees surrounding the cave reminded me of N.A.Naseer's travelogues.

Luck is something essential you need while you visit Kodaikanal. We lacked it a bit. The pillar rock was surrounded by dense fog and we had to satisfy our disappointment by watching its photograph...

The pine forest was wonderful. I trotted through the woods. The pine leaves were soft and slender. Me and my friends collected fresh pine cones and pine leaves while the rest of my classmates were busy taking selfies and riding horses. 

 The green valley, our next destination invoke the need for conservation in my mind. Nature is undoubtedly a miracle, a gift of god we should preserve. The worth of our life is linked with unveiling its mysteries. Only the blessed ones who has the heart to seek discovers it... The scenic beauty of Coaker Walk filled me with the feeling of awe. 

  The organisers kept the best for the last. Finally, we reached Kodai lake. I was astounded by the breathtaking beauty of the glistening waters and pedal boats. It was also a place of vibrant trade. I purchased home-made chocolates from a local vendor. As the dusk fell, the place was illuminated and I found myself in the city of lights. 

   As we returned from the lake, my mind wandered though the night life of Kodaikanal. It does resemble Paris in addition to the Indian touch. 

  Nature was really annoyed by the selfie maniacs among us. As a result,the rain doused our camp fire, but it couldn't stop us from dancing our heart's content. We started our return journey after the luscious dinner, keeping our memories in the bottom of our hearts...

 There are some moments in our life which are really unique...moments carved on the heart...moments which shine like the diamond bright... ...unforgettable moments which words fail to express... 

   ...The laughter of my friends...the bond of friendship...above all the impulse which tells me “...It's unforgettable...” 

 Memories burn like blazing fires even in the chilling cold of Kodaikanal...

Post by Poornima Sony, XII B