Rise ...Poem posted by Varsha Laiju Kappen

 This is not a song or a poem ,

This is a verse, an unsung rhythm,

My feeble attempt to connect, inspire

Using my words like harp and lyre;

Rise against the crowd, stand out;

You will not regret being called a liar,

When you're shunned out, no one to relieve you,

See, your sickness will be your cure;

Forsaken, betrayed, feeling dumped and drained,

Powers are useless in this world, this place;

But I will fight back, hold my legacy,

What they thought was my failure, my downfall

Is my triumph, my glorious call;

I deserve to be seen, I deserve to believe,

The voice of the oppressed like death cries in the wind;

But I will see that my days of trial, up from ash and dust

Brings fruit for the 'morrow, brings me my empire,

And I know that I have earned my crown.


Posted by Varsha Laiju Kappen, XI B