Touching the Hearts...

The rain drizzled amid the silence. The boy stood still holding the mike tight. He began a preface on beautiful piece of art. 
“Hai everybody. Before I begin, I want to say something. This is the first time I speak in front of a stage. I have not performed anywhere, not even in my school. To my surprise I was made the team head when I came here. Actually, I was forced to be one. In all these camp days I never came up for any activities.” 
Posing a few seconds, he resumed addressing the smart young aspirant.
 “I said to Johan that he was a perfect leader. I asked him how it was possible to do all the works despite being inexperienced.” 
 An earnest question of many who have a burning desire.
 “He told me if he could, anyone else could do that. He raised me up from my safe zone. Now I realise the interesting part of a smart work.
 “My hands are still trembling. It’s easy to sit in audience and laugh at someone sinking in the front. But it’s amazing to clap aloud for his courage to stand forth. It’s the greatest investment of real leader-CONFIDENCE. So be the change in the world and enjoy the skit.”
 A bright ray of hope touched our hearts. It became a glittering movement to be framed in life’s canvas.
Story by Jeava Maria Joseph, XII C